1 Corinthians 13:4-8

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails ...

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Progress rather than Perfection

This whole "stay at home mom" thing is HARD WORK! I'll be the first one to admit that I have no clue really what I am doing and yet I'm weeks away from having my 4th (yeah I said 4th) baby. My life is so unorganized and cluttered that my motivation to want to make it better is quickly swept away when I get started and realize it's so overwhelming for one person to do!
I need a routine!
I need HELP!!!
I hate admitting that I can't do all this on my own. I feel like I am drowning in an ocean of responsibilities and tasks that I should know instinctively how to do with no life-jacket, raft, or rescue party coming for me. No one even knows I'm drowning so they aren't gonna look for me yet! I hate asking for help!
I've decided to dog paddle to shore. Shore is my goal. The place in life where I know I want to be! It's gonna be a long swim but I know I can do it. I have to do it...I have no choice! I know I'm going to go under the water every once in a while. I know at some point I'm going to want to give up and sink to the bottom of the ocean but that isn't an option. I have enough determination and will power to do what I should be doing.
I started with Zoey and Zane! I have (regrettfully) allowed them to sleep on the couch and watch TV all night long up until now. I am happy to say that last night was night number 3 of them sleeping in their beds. Zane sleeps all night in his and Zoey with get up and come snuggle with David and I in the middle of the night and then decide on her own to go back to her "big girl bed"!
Also, on my list of things to accomplish this week is cleaning the house for my jewelry party! I am doing well and pacing myself so as not to over do it. The last thing I want to do is break my water or go into labor early. I have a list of things that my "shore" includes and I can't wait to get to shore.
I have asked the Lord to help me. I want to be a good mom, wife, and house keeper! I am working hard and I am determined to figure this out.
My reasons to be a better person, mom, and wife...

No comments:

Post a Comment